Australia's first known community investor owned solar power system
Repower One is a 99kW community solar power system on the roof of the Shoalhaven Heads Bowling and Recreation Club. It is the culmination of 15 months of hard work by Repower Shoalhaven volunteers in developing a viable model for community solar.
A landmark community energy project
Repower One is the first community-owned-solar power system of its kind in Australia. At almost 100kW, it will also be the country’s largest solar power system financed by everyday investors. 20% of the system was funded and owned by Shoalhaven Heads Bowling and Recreation Club, with the remaining 80% funded and owned by community shareholders.